9 months... Yikes.
Did you know that, on average, goats are only pregnant for 5 month, beavers 3 months, cats and dogs for 9 weeks, and mice for only 21 days? I guess if I settled for only 5 months or 21 days our baby would come out either looking like a hairy kid who eats all the garbage or a bald rodent. Elephants are pregnant for 2 years, so maybe 9 months is a good happy-medium...
I am ready to have our baby, to meet her, and to get my body back :o)
I'm sure you've heard of them, but have you guys ever really looked up the natural ways to induce labor early? (I'm sure you have if you've been pregnant before!).
- In parts of Asia, acupuncture has been used for centuries to jump-start labor. (No thanks)
- Long walks (however "they" say long walks are good exercise to prepare for labor, not to start it)
- Spicy foods
- Castor oil (Interesting and logical thing I read about food, " There's no direct connection between the stomach and the uterus. So, there's no reason to think a particular type of food will stimulate contractions
- Blowing up balloons: the theory is that the build up of abdominal pressure encourages labor to start.
- Rent a sad movie and cry like crazy
- Glass of wine - Consult your doctor! (What?!)
- A really bumpy car ride
- Watch a really funny movie and laugh until you pee
- Get down on all fours and shake that booty
- Talk to your baby and tell him/her it’s OK to come out now (...Hahaha!)
(Not counting having a drink of wine, oh brother.)
So, four more days until the due date (April 1st). Wednesday I have an appointment to get an ultrasound of the baby's growth. Until then, we will just practice our patience and see how things play out.